Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Just Walking Away... For A While


It’s been about ten months since my last write-up. I have always wanted to, but there was no worthy subject. Emotions were still high. Lull was highly called for. Guess I now feel more emotionally stable. I have moved on. As well that a lot of turn-arounds have gotten in the way. Situations have changed so quickly.




I have quit my old job of twelve years to become an overseas worker. Why? Pretty same as my late father’s motivation when he made a decision. Not for a greener pasture though because my old job paid me well. The pay difference that I get from my present job is not that hefty. But it helps to expedite tabled accomplishments to some extent. Some frustrations were considerably a factor. I just love my family that much, that I have chosen to be away for a few cents.


I joined a company who is run by an old acquaintance. Firstly, I was easily lured by the friendship. Another, accorded perks as compared to other potential overseas employers were just irresistible. I can fly home every quarter and visit my family for ten days, all expense paid, inclusive of my vacation. Among others, I can only spend so much money while on the job. Food and shelter are luxuriously provided. And various forms of recreation on the side too, with a few beers included.




But what really made me decide is; the future of my kids. I am not trying to be a perfect father, but I submit to the fact that being a responsible and good provider is my most inspiration. I must have gotten it from my late father. He wasn’t a perfect one either, but was tailored fit to the family that he built.


Now, I am on my sixth month being away. Not literally because I have already went back home almost every month. That’s why I can almost treat my present job as another exercise to my functions from my old job. I was always on the run then, thus it’s almost the same.




I am now more inspired with my present job because I have gotten my dreadful ambition to lead a team. It wasn’t so challenging after all. My fifteen years of experience made it so easy for me. I just realized that I was almost overripe for the job already. It waited too long. But now that it is in my hand, I must not complain anymore. I had always subscribed to my belief on good karma. You do well, you end well.



I just hope it will get me better and better. For my kids. And for my family. Of course, my great wife included. It must be quite terrible for her to be looking after the kids alone. I can only commend her for putting up with me always.


But of course, I could never discount the prayers of my ever loving Mom. I can never thank her enough for raising me as what I am right now. I shall always attribute that to her, no matter what.


And so lastly, I must tell myself… “Good luck, kiddo..!” But why not? I guess I just need lots of that from now on.

No comments: