Sunday, June 01, 2008

Remembering You... Today

[A Father's Day Poem From A Survived Only Daughter]

A while ago I wasn't thinking of you
Now i do suddenly i felt the tears
I hear music and music is you
It reminds the way we used to talk
Thru eyes we were talking
A gesture of friends
That is never found in others
You know what?
I miss you so much
I miss you cuddling me
I miss the way you made me laugh
Just like the way you made me frown
I think it's when we giggle that i miss most
'cause now there's no more alike to that
Childhood with you is wonderful
And friendship with you is even more
But you left me with them with a sad heart
To think you're not coming back
Your leaving without a goodbye
Almost killed my heart
Yet if I was there I'd let you go and watch you leave
Though I honestly know
It's the hardest thing to do
I'd rather miss you now
Than have watched you go in agony
How I wanted so much to take care of you
In my chest where you used to lean your back
And share the time I neglected to give you
So with the conversations I missed
To go over with you
I regret not being good to your expectetions
'cause no matter how I catch up with the time now
I can't get it back to mine
All I can do is keep each and every memories
You stored in me
Just like your smile
...your stunts
...your jokes
...your being tough
...your laughters
...your sax
...your kind of music
...everything about you
And everything that talks about me and you!
Now is your special day
I used to send you cakes and cards
That tickled your heart and made you proud of me
...your favorite child
...your only girl

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!
I dearly love you and miss you so much!!!

No comments: