Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Year After "Life Begins"

This morning seemed to be a very normal one. Nothing special so to speak. She woke me up at 6:50AM, just like she does everyday. But if not for my mobile phone's calendar alarm, so bad I had almost forgotten. Darn, today is my wife's birthday, her 14th since we were together..! I almost lost the courage to approach and kiss her. But she smiled back and said "thank you", anyway. I knew she noticed me of my forgetfulness, and must have just pretended and let it pass. So shameful for me. How could I be so insensitive. It was disgraceful, indeed.

A year after her life began, she seem to have not aged at all; still the same cheerful wife to her ever demanding husband (or so she said, but would not complain), and the more caring mother to her three wonderful daughters. Would not expect anything in return, but just shall never get tired loving us unconditionally.

The morning coffee that she prepares me each day would always tops Starbucks, because it has her love's calories. Every food she cooks for the family would overwhelm Itallianis because her heart is always in it. The way she still finds time to chat with our kids before bed time. The way she gives me a massage every single chance there is. It would be a gaffed world not having her around.

I remember when there was just the two of us. The dreams we shared. How we started with a very humble beginning. Surviving with just enough above poverty line, I can't imagine how we managed life's challenges. So tonight I shall tell her, "Honey, looks like we did it somehow".

This early it can be told that it was worthy walking with you all along, or hike with you even farther until our hairs turn gray. That if by chance I shall go through this life again, I guess I will try hardest to find you - for sole simple reason that life shall never be any easier if not with you. Those humps and bumps we had bested may not even bother us anymore. With you, every single trial in any form shall be peanuts...

Pretty sure our three lovely children will say the same. With the way you take care of them, they may never want another mother but you. Whatever they have become reflects your warm devotion. We feel great about you, Mama. And with your remarkable smiles, we are sure you feel the same about us too.

Once again, from me and the kids... Happy birthday, Mama..! Of course you know this already, but we just want to reassure you; we will love you always, even beyond life no less..!

2 comments:

caye said...

giiiimasen... manang jack must be very lucky with you,kabagis. imagine dika met la agsardeng nga mangar-arem kanianan?!
only few husbands are like you...

carol segundo said...

Viewing your lovely family pictures quenched my burning nostalgia for everyone.I terribly missed everybody. Jackie anak Happy Birthday, may you reamin always sweet to your husband, children, family and to all the people who are close to your heart.

Don't you worry about me here. I am doing alright i supposed. How i wish i were with you particularly on our natal day, you, Carlo n Samuel.

Lorejunne has not rung me yet.

Caren, how are you with Micah anak? I texted Eric the other day. Had he mentioned that to you? Pls inform him my cp has no signal, if i'm with the area of your aunt nitz sognal is poor, they use the cmda cps, ours is gms.

KISSES AND GOD SPEED..LOVE YOU ALL..MOMMY XOXOXOXOXOXXXOX